Posted on behalf of the Revolutionary Workers of the Anime Blogging Trade in Vancouver
Holding High the great red banner of Mao Zedong Thought and displaying vigorous revolutionary spirit, young revolutionary fighters in Vancouver have been busy putting up revolutionary big-character posters in the streets to attack the old ideas, culture, customs, and habits of all exploiting classes, in a determined effort to build Vancouver into a city extraordinarily proletarian and extraordinarily revolutionary in character.
This revolutionary rebel spirit displayed by these young fighters is indeed splendid, for it has greatly boosted the morale of revolutionary people and provided us with profound inspiration and enlightenment. We want to learn from these young fighters and their revolutionary rebel spirit by launching a proletarian revolutionary rebellion in the anime blogging trade of the city. The following proposals are put forward by us before all revolutionary workers of the anime blogging trade in Vancouver:
1. All revolutionary workers of the anime blogging trade should ardently and resolutely support the revolutionary actions of the young revolutionary fighters and the revolutionary masses. We should warmly welcome their criticisms and ardently support big-character posters that speak out against us. We should provide the young revolutionary fighters and the revolutionary masses beforehand with neccessary facilities such as tables, benches, brush pensm ink, paper, and the paste so they can write big-character posters and paste them up on the walls.
2. All revolutionary workers of the anime blogging trade should promptly take action and make revolution alongside the young revolutionary fighters and the revolutionary masses in a highly militant spirit. They should tidy things up and make corrections where necessary. They should demolish all old ideas, culture, customs, and habits and establish new culture, new customs, and new habits. With regard to bizarre bourgeois anime critiques, they should vigirously and speedily eradicate them. But with respect to new proletarian editorials, they should energetically and promptly promote them.
3. All revolutionary workers of the anime blogging trade should take prompt action by smashing all website banners tinged with feudal, capitalist, and revisionist ideas. They should replace old banners with new ones fraught with revolutionary significance so our blogs will forever shine with revolutionary brilliance!
4. All revolutionary workers of anime blogs should first and foremost make self-revolution in a determined manner, whether concerning what they have in mind, what they watch, or their own editorials. They should vigorously rebel against all those bizarre and fantastic things that do not conform to Mao Zedong Thought. They should forgo the “episodic” posts and shed the wanton use of “screenshots”. They should uphold revolutionary ideas, go in for revolutionary colloquia, and establish revolutionary group blogs.
5. We refuse to accept those comments that want to spread bizarre ideas. We will struggle with all comments that espouse the “episodic” and selfish forms of anime critique.
6. We welcome all bloggs who want to change their bizarre blogs. We may even attend to them on a priority basis so that their bizarre blogs and newfangled ideas may be changed as soon as possible!
7. We should give prominence to politics and put Mao Zedong Thought in the lead. We should place the great red banner of Mao Zedong Thought in our sidebars, in this way turning them into a front for propogating Mao Zedong’s ideas.
8. We should seriously and creatively learn and apply Chairman Mao’s writings, remold our thinking, and transform ourselves into both anime bloggers and propagandists for spreading Mao Zedong Thought.
9. We should vehemently open fire on all outmoded practices of commercial enterprises and all things that do not conform to the superstructure of the socialist economic base.
10. We should seriously learn, master, and apply the “Sixteen Points” and use them to unify our understanding and action–in this way carrying through the Great Proletarian Cultural Revolution to the End.